Difference between Mealy and Moore FSM.
- Mealy machine is a finite-state machine whose output values are determined both by its current state and the current inputs. While Moore machine is a finite-state machine whose output values are determined solely by its current state.
- Moore FSM will require more no. of states than Mealy FSM to accomplish the same task.
- The output logic of a Mealy state machine may be more complex than the output logic of an equivalent Moore state machine, and therefore use more product terms.
- To program Moore FSM is very easy and to program Mealy FSM is complex.
- Mealy FSM is faster than Moore FSM.